Now offering in-hospital rehabilitation services, in addition to our outpatient clinic
At the Frio Rehabilitation Center, we are dedicated to getting you back on your feet as quickly as possible after an illness, injury or surgery. We're also ready to help if you are living with a health problem that makes it hard for you to function or be independent.
Whatever you—or a loved one—are facing, our team of highly skilled rehabilitation specialists will help you live your life fully. Close to home, we provide the highest quality:
- Physical therapy to help you regain strength, move freely and ease pain.
- Occupational therapy to help you do everyday activities.
- Speech therapy to help you regain the ability to speak, comprehend or read and write. We can also treat swallowing problems.
And we are the only nearby outpatient clinic that provides all three therapies on every weekday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Frio Rehabilitation Center works in concert with Frio Regional Hospital. In our outpatient clinic, we provide individualized therapy for patients of all ages, from frail seniors who need to regain strength after surgery or an illness to babies with developmental delays.
Here are just a few of the ways we could help you or a loved one. You can turn to us to help you:
- Recover from a stroke or other brain injury.
- Mend from a spinal cord injury.
- Heal from a sport or work injury.
- Ease neck or back pain.
- Regain independence after an amputation.
- Become steady on your feet again if it's hard to keep your balance.
- Function well if you have a neurological disorder such as Parkinson's disease.
Expert care at every step
Throughout your recovery, you will be helped by therapists who are as experienced as they are caring. They are also bilingual and can communicate with you and your family in English or Spanish.
You can also count on state-of-the-art technology to speed your recovery. We offer some of the same highly specialized physical therapy equipment and devices used by elite sports organizations around the world. With that technology, we provide:
- Ultrasound and electrical stimulation therapy to ease pain and joint stiffness.
- Shortwave diathermy, which uses electromagnetic waves to treat soft tissue injuries, slow-healing wounds and arthritis.
- Exercise therapy with one of the most advanced exercise cycles available anywhere.
And we have an entire pediatric room dedicated to children who need physical, occupational or speech therapy services.
Connect with us
To find out more about how we might help you or a loved one function at your best, call 830.334.4152. You need a doctor's referral to receive physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy.