Emergency Room Registration Clerk
Patient Financial Services
PRN - Pool - Flexible hours, weekends, and holidays
- Register all Emergency Room Patients
- Reviews ER Records for accuracy and completeness, and correct/update record and CPSI as needed
- Review ER Physician record for signature and DX Code
- Reconcile money collected on a daily basis for each shift via cash drawer document
- Prepare Transfer paperwork for patients
- Scan all pertinent patient information to the patients account post discharge
- Verify Workers Comp Injury information as needed
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Verify Insurance coverage as needed for all patients registered
- Make copies of ER Charts as needed
- Request and Collect deposit for non-funded patients
- Request and Collect all co-pays for commercial Insurance patients
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: One to two years’ experience in an office setting. Preferably in a healthcare setting.
Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not necessary.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE, WEEKENDS, AND HOLIDAYS.
Based on experience
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Open until filled
Nancy Ortiz, HR Director 830-334-3617, ext. 135Apply for this job