JobsBack to jobs
Ability to work independently and as a team member with high motivation towards new knowledge, critical thinking skills and collaboration. Must have exceptional communication skills both verbally and written with great organizational and management skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- - Answers telephone and directs calls to appropriate staff
- - Greets visitors, ascertain the purpose of the visit, direct them to appropriate staff or room
- - Operate office equipment, such as voicemail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications to prepare as needed documents for the department
- - Maintains the complete record for admission and discharges ensuring stay types and all other necessary orders are completed for admissions along with ensuring all required paperwork and information is collected at discharge. The unit clerk will also ensure all appropriate orders and paperwork are completed for all internal and external transfers for Frio Regional Hospital
- - The until clerk will maintain the most up to date forms for the unit ensuring they are organized and easily accessible
- - The unit clerk is responsible for reviewing swing bed admission paper work and discharges and reviewing all necessary follow up appointments to be scheduled with the interaction of the patient and or family
- - Interview with patients to complete collection of documents or scheduling as they pertain to their care
- - Transmit correspondence or medical records
- - Will assist nursing team to maintain the safety of the patients as needed as a sitter for a patient that may be at risk for falls or suicidal ideations (observer only that notifies nursing for intervention)
- - Any other duties as delegated by the department director and/or charge nurse within the scope of their practice
- High school diploma or equivalent. Clerical and medical terminology experience preferred.
- Able to work weekends and holidays when scheduled.
- Attributes such as courtesy, mental and moral integrity, outgoing, cheerful personality, and can follow directions which is conductive to good public relations.
Based on experience
Monday, November 8, 2021
Open until filledApply for this job