Operating Room Nurse (RN)
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical procedures and has the ability to oversee the instrument and equipment set-up, prepare for the case utilizing preference cards, and anticipates needs of surgeon.
- Coordinates and oversees the room during a case as the circulator.
- Demonstrates knowledge of management of patient, including: being available to anesthesia during intubation and extubation, assisting as needed in sudden changes in patient condition and being readily available to assist as directed.
- Performs thorough patient interview and assessment in accordance with procedure and assures an appropriate, detailed time out process is done according to policy.
- Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure. Assures appropriate consent, H/P, diagnostic reports, and relevant information are on chart prior to the start of procedure.
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. review physician orders, pre-op antibiotics, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, utilizing the 7 medication rights, identifying high alert medications, conducting independent double checks when indicated, and narcotic waste, etc.). Assures only licensed personnel administer medications.
- Relays appropriate hand off communication to PACU staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or prior to the induction of anesthesia.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- 2 years experience in an operating room setting preferred.
- Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment.
- ACLS upon employment.
- CNOR certification preferred.
Based on experience
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Open until filled
Nancy Ortiz, HR Director 830-334-3617 ext. 135Apply for this job