JobsBack to jobs
Must be able to rotate weekends and work holidays and flexible with shift hours
- - Floor care technicians are generally responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpet (dust and wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction & bonneting) of areas that include offices, patient rooms, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells and other public areas.
- - Performs housekeeping and cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- - The floor technician is responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule.
- - Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- - Is responsible for the safe and proper mixing and use of cleaning solutions and adheres to all safety precautions.
- - Floor care technician is responsible for collecting trash/recycling/soiled linen from the units and for the proper disposal of trash/recycling/laundry in an outside/soiled linen barrel container.
- - Work involves pulling and pushing, carrying weight up to 100 pounds, twisting, bending and reaching from floor to waist height and from waist to above head.
- - Applies stripper to floors (slippery surface) to remove old wax then refinishes floors with new wax product.
- - Some outside work may be assigned.
- - Represents Frio Regional Hospital in a positive manner and can follow oral instructions, is pleasant, tactful and courteous and cooperative with supervisor, co-workers, and patients.
- - A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- - Minimum 1 ½ years’ experience in floor care preferred, but on-site training is provided.
- - Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- - Ability to cooperate with other employees.
- - Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- - Knowledge of how to strip, wax and burnish floors with minimal to no assistance upon completion of initial training period.
- - Must be able to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision or other employee assistance after the training period is completed and do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.
- - Must be able to fully understand and complete all In-Services.
- - Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 100 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- - Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
Based on experience
Monday, November 22, 2021
Open until filledApply for this job