JobsBack to jobs
Director, Laboratory Services
At Frio Regional Hospital, the Director Laboratory Services position is responsible for strategic planning and ensuring department operations provide the delivery of quality laboratory services in an efficient and effective manner meeting the needs of patients and attending clinical staff. This position utilizes clinical and management knowledge to advance the laboratory profession and works in collaboration with the Medical Director of Laboratory to optimize team leadership and accomplish goals.
The Director position responsibilities include overseeing the activities of the department staff, ensuring quality, productivity, functional excellence and efficiency to accomplish strategic and operational objectives. In addition, this position is accountable for employee engagement, adequate staffing levels, budget development and compliance, staffing decisions such as hiring and terminating employment, coaching and counseling employees on work related performance, and developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure a safe and effective work environment. This position also ensures training, monitoring and operations initiatives are implemented which secure compliance with ethical and legal business practices and accreditation/regulatory/government regulations.
- - Bachelor's degree in medical technology, biology, or other related science field.
- - Master's degree preferred.
- - Five (5) years of management experience in a healthcare environment.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Must have one of the following required certifications:
- - Certified as a Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Medical - Laboratory Scientist, Histotechnologist (HTL), or categorical certification by Board of Certification (ASCP)
- - Certified as a Medical Technologist by American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- - Certified as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist by National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA)
- - Clinical microbiology registry from American Society for Microbiology, RM(AAM)
- - Certified Histocompatibility Technologist (CHT) by the American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI)
- - Equivalent certification to the above based on educational requirements and examination.
Position will remain open until filled. Interested applicants may apply on our website or submit a resume to email@example.com
Based on experience
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Open until filledApply for this job