JobsBack to jobs
RFT & PRN
The Phlebotomist serves patients by identifying the best method for retrieving specimens; preparing specimens for laboratory testing, and performing screening procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- -Follow established safety guidelines for working in the Laboratory.
- -Record daily temperatures for equipment and for laboratory area. Troubleshoot any deviations to correct out of control readings. Document corrective actions.
- -Assist in maintenance of reagent and supply inventory.
- -Receive supplies into the laboratory, unpack and properly store items in a timely manner, label all reagents according to regulatory guidelines. Notify Lab Supervisor of any problems or concerns.
- -Adhering to established Laboratory procedures, assist in collection of patient samples as requested Laboratory Supervisor.
- -Process all samples according to written Laboratory procedures.
- -Perform all waived laboratory tests with accuracy and efficient adhering to Good Laboratory Practice standards.
- -Submit reports for all results of tests performed to Laboratory Testing Personnel for subsequent review and verification prior to release for charting.
- -Perform all calibrations, quality control and quality assessment procedures for waived methods tested according to manufacturer’s instructions and current laboratory policy.
-High School graduate or equivalent
- -Formal phlebotomy training in a Medical Assistant Program with certification
- -Experience is highly preferred, in a hospital setting.
The role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and/or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This job description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Interested applicants apply on website or submit a resume to email@example.com
Monday, March 6, 2023
Open until filledApply for this job