Director, Facilities Management
The Director has the overall responsibility for operations and maintenance of the Hospital/Medical Office Buildings. The Director will coordinate and direct the department to ensure continuous efficient and economical operations of the hospital’s building and equipment. The role of the Director is directing and managing the department staff to assure the quality service and promoting teamwork. The Director is responsible for the department meeting standards, complying with hospital policy and procedures, managing supplies and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs activities of Facilities Management office; budget preparation & control; personnel management & record keeping; Interviewing, counseling, hiring, dismissing & evaluating staff & advising. These actions are accomplished in concurrence with established hospital policies & procedures.
- Provides long range planning & programming for future development & expansion of services, including financial, environmental & safety implications of such planning.
- Directs activities of Facilities Management to assure the unfailing productions & provision of using areas & department of proper environment, waste treatment, clinical air & vacuum, fire alarm & fire-fighting systems, electrical distribution & emergency provision of all above regardless of external conditions of supply and distribution.
- Directs activities of Maintenance to include maintenance of building & equipment in a state of proper repair, preventive maintenance on all equipment & of parking lots and grounds.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards and identifies areas to reduce maintenance and utility cost through improved operational procedures.
- Establishes requisitions & control; preventive maintenance program; all record keeping, warranty control; carries out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Supports the mission and vision of Frio Regional Hospital and demonstrates excellent customer service at all time.
- Understands and is committed to helping Frio Regional Hospital and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
- Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
- Understands and complies with the Frio Regional Hospital code-of-conduct and models ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community, maintaining the highest level of prudence with the sub-contractors.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree or 2 years of technical school preferred. Two (2) year’s experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Understanding of MS software including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook records is helpful.
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, team player
- Proven ability to perform in complex, fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a constant changing environment
Interested applicants may submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on our website at www.frioregionalhospital.com Applications are also available at the admitting desk located in the lobby of our hospital. Frio Regional Hospital, 200 S. IH 35, Pearsall, TX 78061.
Position will remain open until filled.
Based on experience
Saturday, October 6, 2018
Open until filledApply for this job