JobsBack to jobs
Director of Health Information Management and Privacy Officer
The Director of Health Information Management manages and directs all activities of the Health Information Management (HIM) Department, including the transcription, coding, and release of information functions. Will manage HIM operations and staff of two (2). The Director will also function as the hospital’s Privacy Officer. Will be responsible for the integrity, completeness, and accuracy of the patient’s medical record. Ensure compliance with federal and state laws as they relate to medical records and coding and ensures that all hospital and departmental policies and procedures are in accordance with the requirements of CMS, HIPAA, Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and all other regulatory agencies. Performs unbilled activities including physician query follow up, physician incomplete record follow up, collaboration with department leaders in monitoring and working unbilled reports, working the coding pended queues and management of HIM unbilled processes. Works collaboratively with Medical Staff and Leadership to comply with standards and guidelines enforced through the Medical Staff Bylaws / Rules and Regulations (e.g., suspension of privileges) and is responsible for facilitation and execution of physician notification process regarding medical record documentation deficiency, delinquency, and physician suspension.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) (preferred)
- Five years of health information management experience (preferred)
- Three years of supervisory experience as Director or Assistant Director (preferred)
- Three years of experience in an acute care facility (preferred)
- Personal computer experience. Specifically, in the MS Suite of products, including, but not limited to, MS Word and MS Excel.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MAY APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE AT OR SUBMIT A RESUME TO NORTIZ@MYFRH.COM
Based on experience
Friday, December 18, 2020
Open until filledApply for this job