JobsBack to jobs
Director of Quality Assurance
Plans, organizes, directs, and evaluates resource and quality management services, departments, and programs such as Quality Assurance; Compliance with regulatory services; Risk Management; and Patient Satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- - Organizes, directs, manages, and coordinates various departments, programs, and services related to managing resources, assuring quality services, and managing cases.
- - Collects, analyzes, and manages real-time performance improvement data.
- - Coordinates activities and acts as liaison with Professional Review Organization (PRO).
- - Reviews and recommends contracts with PRO, insurance companies, and managed care organizations.
- - Designs and implements program evaluations of all aspects of resource and quality management.
- - Develops cooperative relationships with other hospitals and community agencies to pursue goals related to case management, utilization review, and quality care.
- - Designs and reviews policies and procedures related to quality management such as methods of data collection, outcome performance measures, chart review procedures, case analysis methods, and critical pathways analysis.
- - Provides consultation, feedback, and recommendations to service providers and staff on resource utilization and adherence to quality standards.
- - Responds to inquiries related to quality and resource management issues from customers, staff, compliance agencies, and others.
- - Directs and/or conducts appropriate research into methods to improve utilization of hospital and medical resources and methods to improve patient care.
- - Compiles statistical data and writes narrative reports summarizing quality management findings.
- - Directs personnel engaged in quality assurance review of medical records.
- - Involvement in planning, developing, implementing, and directing Nursing Services, to work collaboratively, with other interdisciplinary members which include physical therapy, social services, activities, dietary and other administrative and business staff.
- - Responsible in identifying and evaluation risks as a means to reduce injury to patients, staff members, and visitors within an organization. Work proactively and reactively to either prevent incident or to minimize the damages following an event.
- - Perform risk evaluation, make risk-avoiding adjustments to current methods of operation to minimize future risks.
- - Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program.
- - Advise management on the hospital’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- - Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- - Regularly audit hospitals’ procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- - Assess hospitals’ operations to determine compliance risk.
- - Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- - Develop internal controls and policies designed to ensure that all compliance needs are met.
- - Plans, develop, implement, and manage an organizations compliance program. Coordinating with federal and state regulators. Creating and coordinating proper reporting channels for compliance issues.
- - Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- - Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree in nursing or another relevant field is preferred.
- - Certified Professional Healthcare Quality/CPHQ certification is preferred.
- - Minimum five (5) years of progressive leadership/management experience in an acute care (hospital) setting. Must have proven success in a related role with responsibility for medical staff by-laws, and other accreditation surveys. Demonstrate leadership and managerial ability with excellent oral and written communication skills. Also, have strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
Current Texas RN License (Registered Nurse) if applies
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MAY APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE OR SUBMIT A RESUME TO NORTIZ@MYFRH.COM
Based on experience
Friday, November 6, 2020
Open until filledApply for this job