JobsBack to jobs
Director Patient Financial Services
Patient Financial Services
Full Time (M-F) (8-5)
The Patient Financial Services Director (PFSD) is responsible for enhancing and maintaining a properly functioning Patient Financial Services process through cross-departmental organizational structure. The PFS is defined as all administrative and clinical functions that contribute to the capture, management, and collection of patient service revenue. The PFSD is expected to demonstrate, through plans and actions, a consistent standard of excellence to which all department work is expected, focusing on continuous improvement within the director’s area of influence, and on delivery of the highest degree of quality service possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- -The Director is entrusted to design and negotiate beneficial discounts and contracts with various insurers and manages the enrollment/credentialing process of providers into payor systems.
- -Maintain current knowledge on all compliant billing practices and ensures FRH billing systems meet current requirements from insurers and government/state programs such as Medicare and Medicaid.
- -Supervises patient financial services staff and has overall responsibility for Frio Regional Hospital Accounts Receivables.
- -Hospital revenue cycle management, oversight for all aspects of patient accounting, cashiering, scheduling, registration and admissions.
- -Experienced in extracting, analyzing and presenting data, utilizing Microsoft Office software and will communicate and work cooperatively with managers, individuals and groups at all levels.
- -Must have the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and make appropriate decisions to assure completion of tasks on time.
- -Other duties may be assigned.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- -Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar field of study.
- -Five years of relevant experience in patient financial management.
- -Five years of experience in an acute care facility and be familiar with hospital regulations and functions of the various departments. (preferred)
- -Have a special knowledge acquired in accounting, personnel management, and business practices.
- -Must have a theory and application of general knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations, as well as credit and collections.
- -Personal computer experience. Specifically, in the MS Suite of products, including, but not limited to, MS Word and MS Excel.
- -Two years supervisory experience, minimum.
- -Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) (preferred).
- Reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
- Mostly sedentary, some standing/walking.
- Lifts supplies/equipment.
- Manual dexterity and mobility.
- Handles emergency or crisis situation.
- Some travel required.
- Exposure to patients/visitors under a wide variety of circumstances.
Able to read, write and communicate in Spanish (preferred).
Interested applicants may submit a resume to email@example.com or apply on our website. Position will remain open until filled.
Based on experience
Monday, January 18, 2021
Open until filledApply for this job