JobsBack to jobs
Unit (RN) Team Lead (Emergency Department)
General Summary of Duties:
Under supervision of the Director of Patient Care Services and the VP of Nursing and Clinical Operations you will be responsible for supporting day to day hospital operations to oversee the daily administrative operations of our Emergency Department. Your duties will include implementing procedures to optimize patient care. The team lead facilitates, coordinates, and delegates the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period. The unit team lead is responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her unit and promoting the practice of professional nursing in the Emergency Department. The unit team lead will be focused on supporting efficient, patient-centered, efficient daily hospital operations.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred
- Current Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license required
- Minimum of three (3) years in clinical practice for population to be served is required
- Two (2) years critical care experience preferred
- Knowledge of overall hospital policies.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with a positive attitude toward all professional contacts.
- Able to manage situations related to family, patients of varied ages and needs, physicians and other hospital departments.
- Proficient in use of computers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
- Must have current RN license to practices professional nursing in the state of Texas.
- Must have current BLS, ACLS, PALS, and TNCC
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and implement business strategies to help the hospital meet organizational goals.
- Manage staff by assigning and delegating tasks as needed
- Will be scheduled to work in Emergency Department when needed to include weekend and holidays. Will rotate clinical on-call with other nurse leaders one week a month.
- Develop protocols and procedures to improve staff productivity.
- Act as a liaison between patients, their families and additional care staff.
- Assist the Director of Patient Care Services to plan and manage the hospital’s budget and approve payroll.
- Assist with annual employee reviews and provide constructive feedback on their performance to help them meet professional goals.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures function in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Liaising with healthcare professionals and patients about treatment plans.
- Overseeing hospital operations and staff duties.
- Keeping medical professional informed about healthcare administered.
- Assist with the hospital’s inventory for Emergency Department as needed.
- Ordering stock and supplies for Emergency Department, as needed.
- Follows up with RN Charge Nurses on creation of completion of Plans of Correction for both internal and external reviews.
- Assists and oversees the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement process at FRH.
- Oversees outcomes management and improvement in collaboration with Director of Patient Care Services and local management team members.
- Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting upon adverse events and action thresholds in area of responsibility.
- Developing procedures to deliver optimal patient care.
- Assisting the Director of Patient Care Services to the hiring, training, and performance evaluation of staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants may apply on our website or email resume to email@example.com
Based on experience
Monday, November 8, 2021
Open until filledApply for this job