JobsBack to jobs
Nurse Practitioner (NP)
weekend/holidays/as needed - PRN POSITION
- Provide direct patient care services including diagnostic and therapeutic services and the ordering of services as a primary care provider; the primary care services include those service typically provided in a medical office and are provide within the state’s scope of practice;
- - Provide NP coverage in the RHC per federal and state regulations;
- - Provide for coordination and continuity of patient care by referring patients to specialty providers, following up on referrals, and maintaining clinical documentation which supports referral activity;
- - Uphold the same standard of care for all patients regardless of race, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, disability, or ability to pay;
- - Adheres to the vision and mission of the organization;
- - Demonstrate mastery of the hospital and clinic’s EHR, maintains the standard of care as it pertains to clinical documentation and has timely completion of all records according to written polices and procedures and medical staff guidelines.
- - Participate in developing, executing and periodically reviewing the rural health clinic written operational and medical management policies, including the policy review required as part of the biennial evaluation process;
- - Participate in the development, testing and training of the RHC Emergency Preparedness Plan and is able to be delegated in the activation of the EPP;
- - Periodically reviews the clinic’s medical records in cooperation and collaborative with the RHC’s medical director to ensure that records are maintained according to federal and state regulations for content and completeness;
- - Participate in the development and execution of quality initiatives and performance improvement activities as required by federal or state agencies and/or by the RHC administration;
- - Provide supervision of other licensed clinic staff and delegation of nursing tasks to licensed and non-licensed staff within the provisions of the state nursing act or other state regulations.
- Current Nurse Practitioner Texas state license;
- Provide NP coverage in the RHC per federal & state regulations;
- Maintains ACLS or PALS certification, as applicable;
- Experience in primary care physician's office or clinic setting (preferred);
- Experience - English/Spanish is a plus;
- If recently graduated as a NP, prefer ICU experience while working as a nurse.
Based on experience
Friday, June 5, 2020
Open until filledApply for this job