Whether it's a bite from a Texas rattlesnake or the onset of a stroke, the need for medical emergency care can happen at any time. So it's good to know this: Highly experienced emergency experts are available around the clock at Frio Regional Hospital, should you ever need their help.
A wide range of emergency care
Our Frio hospital is equipped to treat patients of all ages in a vast range of emergency situations. And we provide care for many conditions and symptoms—from broken bones to severe pain. Here are just a few of the conditions we see in the emergency room:
- Stroke. For ischemic stroke (the most common type of stroke), our team offers clot-busting drugs that can help limit permanent disability.
- Pediatric emergencies. Members of our emergency team are certified in pediatric advanced life support, so your child is in good hands.
- Trauma. Injuries from car crashes or other accidents are among the issues we're qualified to treat in our Level 4 trauma center.
- Rattlesnake bites. Antivenom medication is available in our hospital, along with monitoring and medical assessments, to help you recover.
- Heart attack. Emergency medicines can help reduce injury to the heart muscle when given early. We offer prompt assessment and proper medication management.
We have state-of-the-art services to treat you closer to home and, when needed, stabilize and transfer you to another facility with the right level of care.
High-tech emergency telemedicine
Our hospital uses today's technology to diagnose and treat you quickly in an emergency. One example is our telemedicine partnership. It brings the best in stroke care to our town. Remote specialists use a telemedicine "robot" in our emergency room to evaluate suspected stroke patients, who may be candidates for stroke-stopping medicine. That allows you to work with an expert, without ever leaving Frio. We use the same technology to connect you with a cardiology specialist, so you have the right assessments and treatment when you're experiencing an irregular heartbeat.
Emergency care from a very experienced team
When you're seriously ill or injured, you shouldn't have to worry and wonder: Is there a quality emergency room near me? At Frio Regional Hospital, you can feel confident. You'll receive high-quality care based on solid research findings and backed by clinical knowledge.
In fact, our dedicated team brings more than 50 years' worth of professional experience in emergency medicine. Supporting our highly qualified doctors are registered nurses with special certifications in trauma, stroke, newborn resuscitation and advanced cardiac life support.
Friendliness you'd expect from your community hospital
The experts in our emergency room will treat you with kindness and compassion too. Like family, you might say. After all, we're members of the same community at Frio Regional Hospital. Should you ever needs us, our emergency department is there to serve you.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 so emergency medical services can take you to the nearest emergency room.
If you have other questions about the emergency services provided at Frio Regional Hospital, let us know. Feel free to contact Becky Waldrum at email@example.com.